Melot Accounting offers accountancy services to Freelancers whether you are set up as a:


Contact us to discuss how we can be of assistance to your Freelance business.


Having operated as Sole Practitioners for many years we understand the various options and predicaments Freelancers are faced with at start up and beyond.

  • Should I be set myself up as a Limited Company or Sole Trader?
  • Do I need to / should I register for VAT?
  • What is IR35 Legislation, what do I need to do about it?
  • What expenses can I claim?
  • What about use of home and mobile phone costs?
  • How do I pay myself? Do I need to be a registered employer?
  • Do I need accountancy software?
  • What taxes will I need to pay?


You will find brief answers to some of these questions on our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Feel free to contact us to arrange a consultation if you wish to discuss your options in depth to work out the best way forward for your individual Freelance business.